BSSi2 In The News
We work hard to be knowledge experts on all the latest technology and IT trends so you don’t have to be. Therefore it’s no surprise that BSSi2 is regularly making news. We aren't a company driven by recognition, but we are a company recognized for our drive in serving our customers. Our news and quotes tell a story of how innovative leadership and customer commitment drives our success.
The Deep Dive radio show, airing on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month at 7pm CST on 101.3 WHIW
Learn how to protect yourself online as our Chief Security Fanatic & CIO, Nick Espinosa, discusses all things Cybersecurity/Cyberwarfare and Technology. Be safe out there!
The Deep Dive radio show first aired on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- 3/05: Risk & Insurance, Protecting Data in Motion
- 3/01: Smerconish.com, Crowdsourcing Our Outrage
- 2/06: Forbes, Betraying Public Trust: When Tech Companies Fail Us
- 1/19: Forbes, The Five Laws of Cybersecurity
- 1/10: Forbes, Seven Important Steps Law Enforcement And Government Agencies Can Take To Combat Hackers
- 12/20: MCAA, New Virus Targeting Android Mobile Devices Can Melt Your Phone
- 12/12: Forbes, The Shadows Keep On Changing: The Persistent Russian Threat
- 12/07: Forbes, Seeing The Forest Through Splintered Trees: Fixing Our Broken ID System
- 11/28: Forbes, Equifax Proves That Death And Taxes Aren't The Only Inevitable Things In Life
- 10/24: Forbes, 14 Cybersecurity Tips All Business Leaders Should Know, According To Forbes Tech Council Members
- 10/18: Forbes, Forget 'Rocket Man': This Is The Real North Korean Problem
- 10/04: Forbes, President Trump And The Looming Infrastructure Cyberdefense Problem
- 10/02: Smartfile, Modern Privacy and Cybersecurity: We're All in This One Together
- 9/12: Forbes, The Dog Days of Cybersecurity Are Over
- 9/08: Forbes, Planning To Grow Your Tech Business Team? Here's What To Look For When Interviewing
- 8/29: Smartfile, Modern Privacy and Cybersecurity: They're Watching You
- 8/17: IT Security Central, Cyber Security Predictions for 2018: The Top Experts Speak
- 7/19: Smartfile, Modern Privacy and Cyber Security: We're All Going To Die!
- 6/30: Smartfile, Falling On Your Sword: The Last Gasps of Privacy
- 2/24: Smartfile, Letting Toddlers Fly the Airplane: How a Lack of Process and Education Can Kill Technological Solutions
- 2/14: Smartfile, Swinging for the Fences: Why Selling the Best Solutions Brings the Best Clients
- 2/01: Smartfile, The Terrorist in Your Toaster: The Next Generation of IoT Hacking
- 1/19: Smartfile, The Atomic Age of Renegades - Hactivists, Activists and Terrorists
- 1/06: Smartfile, The Sacrifice of Ourselves to Technology: When Our Privacy Is No Longer Private
- 12/30: Smartfile, To Hack or Not to Hack: From Russia with Love
- 12/29: Smartfile, Know Your Frenemy: The Geography of Hackers
- 12/13: Smartfile, Drawing Lines in Quicksand: Technology and Our False Sense of Security
- 12/06: Smartfile, Securing SkyNet: The Future of Encryption Technology
- 11/23: Smartfile, Creative Destruction: The Paradigm Shift in Technological Thinking
- 11/22: Smartfile, You've Been Breached! What Now?
- 11/17: Smartfile, A Taste of Armageddon: The Rise of Denial of Service Attacks
- 11/10: Smartfile, Stopping the Signal: Is it Possible to Shut Down Wikileaks?
- 11/07: Smartfile, The Endangered World of Intellectual Property
- 10/30: A review of Nick's Cybersecurity Seminar by Brendan Taylor, The Sting: Same Old Con With Some Updated Tricks...
- 10/13: CIOReview, Battening Down the Hatches: How to Secure and Defend a Web Presence
- 10/13: Smartfile, The Step-by-Step Guide to Destroying Your Life: A Hacker's Perspective
- 10/12: Rasmussen, What is a CISO? A Sheriff of the Cyber Wild West
- 10/10: insureon, The Good News: Congress is Paying Attention to Small Business Cyber Security
- 10/05: Forbes, Should You Share Your Political Views With Your Customers?
- 10/02: ProfitBricks Blog, 13 Cloud Experts Reveal the Most Important Factors in Evaluating Cloud Infrastructure as a Service Vendors
- 9/15: Smartfile, Why IT Professionals Agree on the Problem, but Disagree on the Solution
- 9/09: Smartfile, Boldly Going Where Several Have Gone Before: 5 Techies Inspired by Trek
- 9/07: Smartfile, Herding Cats: Understanding the Hacker Mentality
Announcing Easy Prey - How To Protect Your Business From Data Breach, Cybercirme, and Employee Fraud, Nick's Collaborative Book Written Along with 25 of The Top Security Minds in the IT Industry!
A portion of the royalties earned from Easy Prey will be donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, the leading children’s hospital pioneering research and treatments for kids with cancer and other life-threatening disease.
Easy Prey was released on August 18th, 2016
- 8/24: Pensar, The risks of rogue IT: horror stories
- 8/23: Rasmussen, What is Tor? A Journey Through the Deep, Dark Web
- 8/18: Easy Prey - How to Protect Your Business from Data Breach, Cybercrime, and Employee Fraud, Nick's #1 Best Selling collaborative book written along with 25 of the Top Security Minds in the IT Industry
- 8/17: SmartFile, I Love Ransomware
- 6/16: SmartFile, May I Borrow a Cup of Bandwidth: The Looming Infrastructure Problems
- 5/27: Meltwater, 8 Ways to Effectively Communicate with Clients
- 5/24: SmartFile, Ambitious Stupidity: Why Hope is Not a Strategy for Managing IT Projects
- 5/19: efolder Channel Chat, Episode #5 Nick Espinosa, CIO of BSSi2
Nick Espinosa, CIO and Chief Security Fanatic of BSSi2 and Ted Hulsy, VP Marketing at eFolder, chat about the massive scope of the security arena and the strategies BSSi2 addresses to educate and protect their clients from security breaches and downtime.
- 5/10: SmartFile, Sleeping with the Enemy: Why Microsoft Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Linux
- 5/04: BSSi2 CIO & Chief Security Fanatic, Nick Espinosa, Signs Publishing Deal With TechnologyPress To Co-Author New Book titled Easy Prey
- 4/29: SmartFile, Businesses: You Can't Keep Ignoring Shadow IT
- 4/22: SmartFile, Ripping Off the Girl Scouts: 8 Steps for Evaluating Technology
- 4/19: Rasmussen College, Top IT Job Titles for Every Stage of Your Tech Career
- 4/15: NovaBACKUP Blog, How can you ensure your backups are secure?
- 3/28: SmartFile, Understanding How Our Intelligence Communities Sometimes Fail Us
- 3/21: Yahoo Finance, How is Microsoft Office 365 Fairing in the Office Suite Space?
- 3/16: Radware, 23 Social Engineering Attacks You Need To Shut Down
- 3/16: SmartFile, 23 Social Engineering Attacks You Need To Shut Down
- 3/15: Market Realist, Office 365 Is Beating Its Peers in the Office Suite Arena
- 3/15: Market Realist, How Is Microsoft Office 365 Faring in the Office Suite Space?
- 3/14: SmartFile, Tech Imitates Life: How One Human Vulnerability Compromises Network Security
- 3/09: CSO, Threat geography: Why certain kinds of cyberattacks come from certain places —see Slide 3
- 3/08: Rasmussen College, What the 'Apple vs. the FBI' Case Indicates for the Future of Encryption & InfoSec
- 3/02: SmartFile, Here A Hack, There A Hack, Everywhere A Hack Hack: Why America's Infrastructure is Seriously At Risk
- 2/24: SmartFile, Google Doesn't Care About the Driverless Car and Other Predictions
- 2/22: Recruiter, 6 Things Recruiters Need to Know About Big Data
- 2/18: SmartFile, Apple and Goliath: On Individual Privacy and Government Interference
- 2/02: Boston Commons High Tech Network, Can Wearable Tech Improve Employee Productivity?
- 1/22: ProfitBricks Blog, 15 MSP Pros Reveal What Their Customers Are Saying About Cloud Computing
- 12/21: Boston Commons High Tech Network, The Future of Wearables in the Workplace
- 12/02: insureon, 3 More Things Your Customers Probably Don't Know About Cybersecurity
- 11/16: Mobile Insights, 15 Ways Push Notifications Are Going to Change Our Lives in the Future
- 11/13: Recruiter.com, 8 Reasons to Work With Freelancers
- 11/12: Cut Cable Today, Is Comcast Marking Up Its Internet Service By Nearly 2,000%?!
- 11/06: LinkedIn: Jason Ephraim, Vice President of Growth at Mailbird, 18 executives share their secret to getting sh*t done
- 10/22: Solutions Review, Breaking Down the Evolution of 802.11 Wireless Standard
- 10/20: Solutions Review, What Does the Future Look Like for 802.11ac?
- 10/20: CMO Digital Forum, What's Keeping Your CIO Awake at Night in 2015?
- 10/14: CIO, Why companies are switching from Google Apps to Office 365
- 10/13: American Express, What You Should Understand About Landing a Big Client
- 10/06: SmartFile, What is Containerization and Has It Killed Virtualization?
- 10/05: The Daily Recruiter, 8 Ways to Effectively Communicate With Clients
- 10/02: GetApp, Benefits of cloud-based customer service software for small businesses
- 9/29: CIO, How to craft an effectively social media policy
- 9/29: Recruiter, 8 Ways to Overcome Friction Between You and Your Boss
- 9/28: CIO, 8 ways to effectively communicate with clients
- 9/22: BVEX, 20 Techniques to Improve Corporate Productivity
- 9/21: GottaBe Mobile, Why Pros are Buying the iPad Pro
- 9/21: Comidor, Why do Projects fail? 2
- 9/21: Tech 4 Business Now, Is Cloud Storage Secure Enough for High-Privacy SMBs?
- 9/18: GetApp Lab, Workables: the future of wearables
- 9/17: Stack Overflow Careers, The Craziest Way I Hired a Developer
- 9/16: InfoSec Institute, End User Security Awareness Best Practices: 12 Experts Weigh In
- 9/15: Tech 4 Business Now, The Next Step in Data Backup: Security
- 9/14: Virtru, ITAR Compliance and Email Encryption: What You Need to Know
- 9/09: SmartFile, Why Some Teams are Avoiding Windows Server 2003 Replacement
- 9/04: EnterpriseTech, How to Avoid Container Resource Allocation Problems
- 9/01: Business in Vancouver, Are other Canadian Tech companies vulnerable to an Ashley Madison-like breach?
As quoted in Forbes: All Hail Alphabet Overlords, Praise Be To ‘G’
"Alphabet is Google’s first major step towards global control of all data in both the public and private realm. Their aggregation of data under Google was unprecedented and it will do nothing but grow as they expand into other areas."
- 8/25: IT World, Decoded! What not to say to your non-IT coworkers (and what to say instead) —see Nick’s advice quoted on Slide 4
- 8/24: Comidor, Why do Projects fail? 1
- 8/20: GetApp Lab, Windows 10 is great for cloud apps, but don’t upgrade yet
- 8/14: Virtru, HIPAA Email Compliance – Why it’s Crucial for Enterprise IT
- 8/11: Forbes, All Hail Alphabet Overlords, Praise Be To ‘G’
- 8/10: CheapCarInsurance.net, Is Your Car Safe From Cyber Attacks?
- 8/10: Euronewsweek, All Hail the Alphabet
- 8/06: EnterpriseTech, Enterprises Embrace Obama’s HPC Moon Shot
- 8/06: GetApp Lab, Skype vs Skype for Business what’s the difference?
- 11/25: efolder, Selling to Medical Clients: Anchor and HIPPA Webinar
- 4/15: Chicago Tribune, Free software can monkey with hard drive