Lead Systems Engineer Job Description
We are a growing Managed Service and Managed Security company based in the Chicagoland area that offers its employees a true open-door policy, family oriented culture based off mutual respect, and a strong team-oriented environment. You will be an appreciated member of our team.
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect Above All Else
This is our #1 Core Value. BSSI2 is built on integrity with a drive for improvement. We're known for the great care we take with our clients and employees alike.
- We are a Virtual Company with Depth
Our organization operates in a virtual environment. This means that unless you are onsite at clients, you will be working from your home office with 12 other colleagues to call on if needed.
- No Assholes Allowed:
We believe in treating everyone with fairness and respect. This starts with leadership and cycles through to our staff and clients. We look for this same trait in the clients we bring on board as well. You must embody our 5th core value: “No assholes allowed” (we are very serious about this)
- We have Experience:
We are an established company whose been in business for over 13 years under the BSSI2 name.
- We are always Improving:
We are constantly looking for new technologies to offer our clients. This is not a static business or company.
We have a cybersecurity division, Security Fanatics, which you will be part of.
We’re looking for a Lead Systems Engineer.
We offer full medical benefits, 15 PTO days per year, company sponsored training, company sponsored Legal Shield membership, and much more!
5 years or more of experience with configuring, installing/deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining the following:
- Server based environments with the following Server OS & Roles:
- Server 2008/2008R2, Server 2012/2012R2, Server 2016, VMware, Hyper-V
- Exchange, SQL, Active Director, DNS, File Server, Domain Controller
- Experience with Palo Alto, Meraki, is a plus
- Client VPNs
- Managed and Unmanaged switches
- VLAN configurations
- Workstations / Laptops
- Windows 7, Windows 10, (Mac OS a plus)
- Image-based backup solutions
- Enterprise level WiFi
- Ubiquiti and/or Aruba experience a plus
- Microsoft Office 365 (migrations, configurations, and administration
- Microsoft applications
- Enterprise level anti-virus
- Webroot a plus
- Virus remediation
- RMM tools
- Understanding and experience with Managed Services
- Continuum, ScreenConnect, and LogmeIn experience a plus
- Ticketing Systems
- ConnectWise experience a plus
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cybersecurity is a plus
- Ability to communicate and work with both Senior Management and staff as it relates to their knowledge of technology and environment.
Local travel required therefore having a car is a must.