JOB DESCRIPTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position: Lead Systems Engineer
Status: Exempt – not eligible for overtime pay
- Five or more years of IT support to commercial, education or government entities
- Five or more years of experience (or combination of) configuring, installing/deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining: Server based environments (Windows/Linux), VMware/Hyper-V, enterprise firewalls, VPN’s, Switches/VLAN configurations, workstations (Windows/Mac), image-based backup solutions, WiFi, Microsoft Office and 365 administration, cloud based applications, and AV
- Experience using RMM and/or PSA/CRM tools are a plus
- Experience creating a Statement of Work or project proposal
- Experience in taking the lead on projects and seeing them to completion
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity as it applies to businesses and their network environments
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance (must submit proof of adequate coverage) U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
The Lead Systems Engineer will oversee the maintenance, planning, design, and implementation of client technical infrastructure including backup and security solutions. Lead Systems Engineers are expected to stay up-to-date on technology advancements so they can provide technical direction that aligns with both client and company business goals. They are also expected to lead by example and at times provide mentorship to the team. This role requires professional and clear communication with staff, clients, and vendors.
Responsibilities: The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for but not limited to:
- Driving technology and completion of technical activities
- Planning, design, and implementation of client technical projects
- Leading and facilitating technical reviews of client infrastructure
- Keeping client technical infrastructure maintained and running smoothly
- Identifying, advising, and proactively resolving technical needs and pain points for clients and end users
- Maintaining positive relationships and providing outstanding service to our clients
- Responding to clients, internal staff, and service tickets in a timely manner
- Communicating daily with staff for scheduling and maintaining appointments in PSA portal
- Completing and executing Statements of Work
- Reviewing your ticket entries for accuracy, spelling and completeness
- Updating company and client documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring you are meeting SLA’s
- Effectively and timely dealing with escalated client issues
- Being available during normal business hours by phone, dm, or email
- Embodying and reinforcing the culture and mission of company core values
- Recognizing and notifying Service Manager of client issues which could affect the client/ business relationship. (i.e.: financial distress, staffing changes, disgruntled employees, etc.)
- Local travel will be required
Reporting Relationship: The Lead Systems Engineer will report to BSSi2 Service Manager.
Workday: Business hours are from 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday, although before- and after-hours work will occasionally be necessary. You will need to be available during normal business hours by phone, direct message, and email, as well as after hours when scheduled as the On-Call technician. You will adhere to the On-Call policy and be available as stated in the policy.
BSSI2 is a virtual company without a central office. You will be working from home when not at client sites or in training. You will need to maintain a work area that is both private and with low noise levels. When talking with clients or prospects, we need to project a professional image.