Procurement Support Job Description
Position: Procurement Support
Status: Exempt – not eligible for overtime pay
- Three or more years of customer service experience
- Three or more years of (or combination of) purchasing, quoting, vendor management, product management, inventory management and software licensing
- Ability to have concise, timely communications with leadership, staff, vendors, and clients
- Experience using online software for purchasing, quoting and/or a PSA/CRM tool
- Experience with ConnectWise, SYNNEX, Microsoft Licensing a plus
- Must live in the Chicagoland area and have a valid driver’s license and proof of valid auto insurance as local travel required
- Must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
The Procurement Support role is responsible for the lifecycle of the procurement process. This includes (but is not limited to): vendor relations, product catalog management, quoting, procurement of hardware and software, tracking purchases, and inventory management. The role requires exceptional and timely communication between the team and our clients, as well as the ability to cultivate positive vendor relationships. This role will also be responsible for administrative tasks such as: performing license and inventory audits, product catalog maintenance, inventory management, maintaining client documentation, updating department processes and procedures when changes are made, and providing coverage of our Service Coordinator role as needed.
The Procurement Support role is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Using our PSA tool to: communicate all updates, enter time, manage inventory, manage product catalog, maintain vendor accounts, manage PO’s/sales orders, and track orders, quotes and projects
- Working with staff, vendors, and clients to achieve an overall quick turnaround of tickets to meet SLAs
- Updating clients and staff every day with direct communication for quotes, changes to stock, shipment updates, or delays
- Procurement of equipment, software, licensing, and third-party services
- Working with vendors, and our team to find the right solution the first time by making sure all peripherals (hardware, software and/or cables etc.) work properly with ordered equipment
- Weighing the situation when ordering to decide if the most convenient source, or least expensive, should get the order
- Working with the team to create quotes based on their S.O.W. (Statement of Work) presented for projects
- Delivery of a quote to a client within 24 hours of receiving internal information (providing all information given)
- Administration, maintenance, and management of all purchased inventory and software
- Obtaining RMA’s, returning products on time, and verifying credits are received
- Coordinating with the Service Coordinator in a timely manner to schedule tickets when products are received
- Coordinating with Accounting to be sure items are invoiced to clients on a timely basis
- Cultivating and maintaining vendor relationships
- Administration, maintenance, and management of product catalog to ensure accuracy
- Administration, maintenance, and management of a product sales sheet of items we sell for internal staff use
- Administration, maintenance, and management of quoting software and templates
- Administration, maintenance, and management of client licensing
- Covering Service Coordinator role as needed, taking incoming service calls/emails, creating tickets, and assign to techs
- Utilizing and assisting in the improvement of internal purchasing processes and automation
Reporting Relationship: The Systems Engineer will report to the BSSi2 Service Manager.
Workday: Business hours are from 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday, although before- and after-hours work will occasionally be necessary. You will need to be available during normal business hours by phone, direct message, and email.
BSSI2 is a virtual company without a central office. You will be working from home when not at client sites or in training. You will need to maintain a work area that is both private and with low noise levels. When talking with clients or prospects, we need to project a professional image.