Project Manager Job Description
We are a growing Managed Service and Managed Security company based in the Chicagoland area that offers its employees a true open-door policy, family oriented culture based off mutual respect and a strong team-oriented environment. You will be an appreciated member of our team.
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect Above All Else:
BSSI2 is built from integrity and drive for improvement which makes us known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. This is our Core Value #1 and it applies to our staff and clients.
- We are a Virtual Company with Depth:
This means that unless you are onsite at clients, you will be working from your home office. There are 12 other colleagues to call on if needed.
- No Assholes Allowed:
We believe in treating everyone with fairness and respect. This starts with leadership and cycles through to our staff and clients. We look for this same trait in the clients we bring on board as well. You must fit our 5th core value: “No assholes allowed” and we are very serious about this.
- We have Experience:
We are an established company. We have been in business for over 13 years under the BSSI2 name.
- We are always Improving:
We are constantly looking for new technologies to offer our clients. This is not a static business or company.
We have a cybersecurity division, Security Fanatics, which you will be part of that.
We’re looking for a Project Manager.
We offer full medical benefits, 15 PTO days per year, company sponsored training, company sponsored Legal Shield membership, and much more!
- Work with the Account Management team to develop Project scopes, budgets, and plans
- Manage & monitor all phases of the project life cycle adhering to the standards of the scope, budge, and timeline
- Work with technical resources and client to set proper expectations prior to kick off of project
- Work with the scheduling team as needed to determine availability of resources for projects
- Act as consultant/project expert when advising the client based on the mutual best interest of BSSI2 and the client
- Maintain and record all project management time in the project
- Manage out of scope requests before such work begins, bring them to the attention of the Account Manager and the Client, for discussion on change in cost and timeline.
- Be available to go onsite to client for meetings as well as during the implementation of the project if warranted.
- Verify that all technical resources time entries have been added to the project as work is being completed
- Audit project based time entries for proper placement, spelling, and grammar.
- Work with the Accounting Team to Complete & Invoice projects in a timely manner
- Be able to provide updates to both clients, Accounts Managers on status of projects in real time.
- Review with clients the scope of the project, expectation of timeline, issues that may arise
- Work with technical staff to determine if scope creep occurs and communicate with client the additional charges that maybe incurred as a result.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience in the Information Technology field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team
- Strong knowledge & understanding of IT technical terms, equipment, and designs
- Proven track record of completing projects within scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong communication skills (both Verbal and non-verbal)
- Experience with developing Project scopes, plans, and budgets
- Experienced in working with/for Managed Services and/or Managed Security providers a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to succinctly provide status updates to BSSi2 Account Managers, clients and BSSi2 management. Long wordy explanations, while occasionally required, should be avoided if possible.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cybersecurity is a plus
- Ability to communicate and work with both Senior Management and staff as it relates to their knowledge of technology and environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with ConnectWise is a Plus
Local travel required therefore a having a car is a must