Systems Engineer Job Description
Position: Systems Engineer
Status: Exempt – not eligible for overtime pay
- Five or more years of IT support to commercial, education or government entities.
- Three or more years of experience troubleshooting, and maintaining: Server based environments (Windows/Linux), VMware/Hyper-V, VPN’s, Switches/VLAN configurations, Workstations (Windows/Mac), Enterprise level WiFi, Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Onedrive and 365 administration, Cloud Platform administration, and Enterprise level AV.
- Experience with POSH, Scripting a plus.
- Experience with Enterprise level RMM, PSA, and CRM tools.
- Experience with the Enterprise level Firewalls, Image-based backup solutions, Encryption, security solutions, Microsoft Azure or AWS a plus.
- Experience creating a Statement of Work a plus.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cybersecurity as it applies to enterprise environments.
- Be able to have concise communications with owners, staff and clients.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance (must submit proof of adequate coverage) U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
The Systems Engineer will not only maintain and troubleshoot, but also implement updates to client technical infrastructure. Systems Engineers are expected to stay up-to-date on technology advancements, be engaged with the team, and provide positive experiences to the clients and staff. This role requires some advanced troubleshooting skills to aid in escalations from the service team. This role requires professional and clear communication with staff, clients, and vendors.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for but not limited to:
- Keeping client technical infrastructure maintained and running smoothly
- Effectively dealing with escalated client issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring you are meeting SLA’s
- Responding to clients, internal staff, and service tickets in a timely manner
- Being available during normal business hours by phone, dm, or email
- Communicating daily with staff for scheduling and maintaining appointments in CRM portal
- Identifying, advising, and proactively resolving technical needs and pain points for clients and end users
- Maintaining positive relationships and providing outstanding service to our clients
- Reviewing your ticket entries for accuracy, spelling and completeness
- Updating Company and client documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Embodying and reinforcing the culture and mission of company core values
- Recognizing and notifying Service Manager of client issues which could affect the client/ business relationship. (i.e.: financial distress, staffing changes, disgruntled employees, etc.)
- Local travel will be required
Reporting Relationship: The Systems Engineer will report to the BSSi2 Service Manager.
Workday: Business hours are from 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday, although before- and after-hours work will occasionally be necessary. You will need to be available during normal business hours by phone, direct message, and email, as well as after hours when scheduled as the On-Call technician. Employees are expected to adhere to the On-Call policy and be available as stated in the policy.
BSSI2 is a virtual company without a central office. You will be working from home when not at client sites or in training. You will need to maintain a work area that is both private and with low noise levels. When talking with clients or prospects, we need to project a professional image.